Sunday, February 21, 2010

Too Quick

I was a day too quick with my last post. At church this morning I took J to the potty and discovered that we are now going to have problems every time we go to a public potty. The story begins at the outlet mall. My sister and I took the kids down the hill for some shopping. When we got there O needed to be changed so I took J to the potty too. Well, the potty was automatic and since he's small it flushed while he was still sitting on it. It scared him so bad that he jumped off into my arm and nearly ran out of the stall bare butt and diaper stuck to his sock. Well he shacks with fear of any public looking potty and whole heartedly refuses to go near them. Poor boy.
On another front of life. O woke up very early this morning and so woke J up early too. I was sitting the J when O decided to take a look over the edge of her crib, well the blanket she leaned on and the effort she put into the lean help to slide her over the edge and to the floor. Fortunately she landed on the blanket and wasn't hunt, in fact she only cried because I jumped up so fast. Thank the Lord that I was right there in the room at the time. J did it a couple of times in MN but since his room was up stairs you could hear him land on the floor over head. If O had fallen with on one in the room it would have taken either a lot of crying or J calling to get someone to check on them. Praise be to the Lord's guiding and guarding hand.

2 comments:

  1. The girls did the same thing except I couldn't hold my laughter in when it happened! I just told KalieAnn.. now Hannah that its just taking the ickies away and that store potties are just louder. Just keep reminding him when he goes out that its okay. Give him time he'll get used to it! I can't believe how big they are!! I still think of them as little!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our little G is still scared of "eye" toilets. We use a piece of clothing to cover the "eye" while she goes, then take it off to let it flush when she's finished. Whoever invented those things should be required to potty train a kid on them! HATE 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete