Saturday, January 9, 2010

How to traumatize a two year old...

To impress a two year old put up a Christmas Tree while he is sleeping. To traumatize said child, take down the Tree while he is sleeping. Poor J woke up yesterday afternoon, ran into the living room and there was no tree. It took about five minutes of mommy love and assurance that it was okay that the tree was gone and that it will be back for Christmas next year (where ever that might be). To further traumatize said child try saying good bye to pee as it is flushed down the toilet. J was saying goodbye (don't ask, it's just something he does, I figure if it helps him learn then I'm okay with it) and just as the toilet finished flushing his soother (pacifier for those of you not Canadian) dropped from his mouth into the toilet and down it went! Mommy caught him just before he dove in after it screaming. This resulted in moving his car seat to the truck (his favorite vehicle) and a twenty minute drive to the only drug store that carries his favorite kind of soother, having to find the same one in the right size and driving all the way back again. It has not left his mouth since this morning...this is only being allowed so that he'll be willing to go potty later on today. The soother will be left on the counter while he is on the potty.

On a different note I am happy to report that after three months on Weight Watcher's I've lost just shy of 30 lbs! I keep getting a note on my account that I'm losing, at times, too fast. It's my opinion that if that is the case then they should give me more daily points because that's what I'm following.

And on one final note, a bit of a rant, if you are driving down a two lane highway please stay in the right lane unless you are passing. It is very annoying when people just drive in the left lane and back up traffic...MOVE OVER! Okay, I'm done. LOL :D

1 comment:

  1. Love it! What a hilarious post and regarding Weight Watchers -- YOU GO, GIRL!! :)

    ReplyDelete